Waiting on my C4 valve body to get back from Oregon for a manual/reverse pattern conversion I decided that
#1. I wasn't spending $400 for a ready made shifter
#2. I didn't like the choices available
#3. I didn't like how they were cable operated and the cable was right next to the header on the drivers side.
SO, I took the factory shifter and made it manual with reverse lock out, and reground the shift ramp so I can shift it without lifting the lock.
I busted the plastic factory base/cover all to hell so Mike made me an aluminum cover that looks close to stock out of so scrap sheet I had laying around. He was teaching himself to TIG aluminum with his new toy.
Post a Comment